Alta Mesa Gun Club Range and Safety Rules
Alta Mesa Gun Club
10100 Reigl Road Wilton CA 95693
RANGE OFFICERS HAVE FINAL SAY IN ANY OR ALL DECISION MAKING!
1. No shooting outdoors without a Range Officer present.
2. Range Officers have final say in any or all decision making.
3. Do not place shell or shells in gun unless you are on firing line.
4. Load one shell at a time for single and two for doubles.
5. When changing stations your gun must be unloaded and action open.
6. Always keep your gun pointed down range.
7. Never point your gun at club house or at any person.
8. Always carry and rack your gun with action open.
9. In the event of delay on firing line, always unload your gun and leave action open.
10. Make certain your shells are same gauge as your gun.
11. No shooting except on firing line.
12. Never put a loaded gun in your car.
13. AMGC does not condone the consumption of alcoholic beverages on shooting line or during shooting.
14. Ear and eye protection is strongly recommended for all adults and required for all individuals 18 years and younger.
15. No high base shells allowed on the grounds - low base only.
16. Max load limit not to exceed 7 1/2 shot, 1 1/8 oz. load.
17. No hunting on grounds.
18. No hand throwers allowed.
19. All members must sign in and out when using the club.
20. No shooting on NON-designated shooting days as listed below.
Regular business meetings are conducted on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00PM. Workdays will be scheduled on a quarterly basis, or as needed. Practice shoots are held Monday, Thursday, and Friday nights from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Weekday shooting is restricted as follows:
Mondays: Shooting permitted except for Christmas.
Tuesdays: No shooting allowed year round.
Wednesdays: No shooting allowed year round.
Thursdays: Shooting permitted except for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Fridays: Shooting permitted except for Christmas.
Shooting is allowed on 10 State Holidays, except Thanksgiving and Christmas, as follows. 1. New Year’s Day, 2. Martin Luther Kings Jr. Day, 3. Abraham Lincoln bay, 4. George Washington Day, 5. Memorial Day, 6. Independence bay, 7. Labor Day, 8. Columbus Day, 9. Veteran’s Day, and 10. the Day after Thanksgiving.
During the months of April through October, weekend shooting is restricted as follows:
-No shooting is allowed on the first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
-Shooting is only allowed between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
-On other weekends, shooting is allowed on either Saturday or Sunday, but not both.
-No shooting is allowed on Easter Sunday.
Weekend shooting is not restricted November through March, except no shooting is allowed on Christmas if it falls on a weekend day.