Alta Mesa Gun Club Range and Safety Rules
Alta Mesa Gun Club
10100 Reigl Road Wilton CA 95693
RANGE OFFICERS HAVE FINAL SAY IN ANY OR ALL DECISION MAKING!
1. All shooters must sign in.
2. Range Officer has final say.
3. No shooting without a Range Officer present on the range.
4. Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction.
5. Carry gun out to range out of case, open, and unloaded at all times.
6. Make sure your shells are the same gauge as your gun.
7. Eye and ear protection is required for shooters under the age of 18, and strongly recommended for all adults. 8. Closed toe shoes and hats worn with brim facing forward are also required for shooters under 18 while participating in five stand.
9. Shells must be size 7-1/2 lead/6 steel shot or smaller. Loads must be 1-1/8oz or less and 2-3/4” or shorter for 12 and 20 gauge and 3” or shorter for all others.
10. No shooting except in designated shooting areas.
11. Do not place shell(s) in gun unless in designated shooting area.
12. Load one shell at a time for singles, two for doubles or five stand.
13. When changing stations gun must be open, unloaded, and pointed in a safe direction.
14. Do not pick up anything with gun in hand, raise your hand for Range Officer assistance.
15. In the event of a delay on the firing line, always unload your gun and leave the action open.
16. In the event of a misfire, maintain muzzle control in a safe direction, notify the Range Officer, and wait for instructions.
17. Anytime someone is down range or the cone is up on the trap house guns must be safely racked.
18. Use of the patterning board is allowed with Range Officer permission only.
19. Never put a loaded gun in your car.
20. Use of any substance likely to impair normal mental or physical bodily functions is prohibited in any shooting area.
21. Anyone deemed unsafe by the Range Officer will be prohibited from handling firearms.
22. No hunting on club grounds.
ALL SAFETY RULES SHALL BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES.
ANY WILLFUL VIOLATION OF SUCH RULES WILL BE SUFFICIENT CAUSE FOR REMOVAL FROM PROPERTY!
Regular business meetings are conducted on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00PM. Workdays will be scheduled on a quarterly basis, or as needed. Practice shoots are held Monday, Thursday, and Friday nights from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Weekday shooting is restricted as follows:
Mondays: Shooting permitted except for Christmas.
Tuesdays: No shooting allowed year round.
Wednesdays: No shooting allowed year round.
Thursdays: Shooting permitted except for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Fridays: Shooting permitted except for Christmas.
Shooting is allowed on 10 State Holidays, except Thanksgiving and Christmas, as follows. 1. New Year’s Day, 2. Martin Luther Kings Jr. Day, 3. Abraham Lincoln bay, 4. George Washington Day, 5. Memorial Day, 6. Independence bay, 7. Labor Day, 8. Columbus Day, 9. Veteran’s Day, and 10. the Day after Thanksgiving.
During the months of April through October, weekend shooting is restricted as follows:
-No shooting is allowed on the first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
-Shooting is only allowed between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
-On other weekends, shooting is allowed on either Saturday or Sunday, but not both.
-No shooting is allowed on Easter Sunday.
Weekend shooting is not restricted November through March, except no shooting is allowed on Christmas if it falls on a weekend day.